ABA Parent training Essentials: Top 15 Tools every ABA Provider should know
In this workshop, you will learn the Top 15 Tools for ABA Parent Training every ABA Provider should know. Do you feel like you can make a bigger impact on your learner but don’t know how?
You can dramatically increase the impact of ABA on many learners by using these super-duper essential tools for ABA Parent training. Behavior Technicians and Behavior Analysts can benefit from this workshop.
Many studies show, if caregivers and parents are well-trained in the steps of the Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP), generalization takes place which increases the opportunities for the learner’s progress.
When parents and caregivers are trained in the essential basics of ABA such as prompting and reinforcement procedures, parent training can have a major effect on the learner’s development as shown in research.
In many countries and states, there is not enough funding and/or opportunities for ABA services. By teaching ABA-providers the most essential tools to make ABA Parent Training work, you can make a significant change.
Learning Objectives – at the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the effects of parent training
2. Explain why the parent training is important
3. Describe and demonstrate how to motivate parents/caregivers to engage in parent training
4. Identify and apply the top 15 essential tools for ABA parent training related to the Behavior Intervention Plan and related to ABA basic strategies
5. Identify cultural considerations
- Lecture through PPT • Group Discussion • Questions (testing, interaction) • Polls • Chat • Behavior Skills Training (BST) and role-play
This presentation is in English